Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. One of the best way Google is doing that is by launching the STEP 2021 professional internship program for many aspiring computer scientists.
About the Student Training in Engineering Program, STEP 2021
The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) is a 12 week program which is meant to offer students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You (as a participant) will also get to attend trainings to enhance your technical and professional skills.
Eligibility for the Google STEP 2021 Internship Program
- You should currently be in your first or second year of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Have a Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Available for a full-time 12-week internship from 5th July to 24th September 2021.
- Returning to a full-time Bachelor’s degree for a minimum of two years after completing the Summer 2021 internship.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
Miscellaneous : After The End of a Semester, Now What?
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- You will be matched with a Google engineer to mentor you throughout the internship.
- Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- Enhance your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
How To Apply for Google STEP 2021 Internship Program
- Visit the Official Google STEP 2021 Career Link here
- To start the application process, you will need an "updated CV" or "resume" and a current unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Click on the “Apply” button on the page shown by the link mentioned in Step 1
- Provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the "Resume Section:" attach an updated CV or resume
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
[Share article with friends]